Mr.Pavan Raj is working as Piping Design Engineer in Gulf. His 15 years of vast industry experience and knowledge would be beneficial for readers who are just curious about what a Piping Design is all about.
Justwalkover: What is the qualification required to become Piping Designer Engineer?
Pavan Raj: B.E (Mechanical Engineering)/M.Tech
Justwalkover:What are the technical skillsets required?
Pavan Raj: Piping Softwares like CEASER, PDMS, CADWORX, AUTOCAD
Justwalkover: What are the soft skills required?
Pavan Raj: Communication Skill, Analogical reasoning, Adaptability, Teamwork skills
Justwalkover: What is the scope of this job and domains who recruit these jobs?
Pavan Raj: Major Oil and Gas Company worldwide.
Justwalkover: Personality traits match this job?
Pavan Raj:Flexible, intelligent, optimistic, Confident, Reliable, Positive
Justwalkover:Major challenges one can come across in this job?
Pavan Raj: Pressurised & high-risk work
Justwalkover:What kind of career progression one will have?
Pavan Raj: Lead Engineer, Manager
Justwalkover: What would be the starting salary range?
Pavan Raj: 2000$
Justwalkover: Is this job role demands overtime or shift? What is the working pattern?
Pavan Raj: Yes, it purely depends on the project schedule
Justwalkover: What is the job role?
Pavan Raj: What one will be doing is,
- Prepare work plus instructions to designers involved in mechanical plus piping design package.
- Discuss all pertinent problems encountered during the design stage.
- Ensure to openly communicate with various disciplines.
- Develop detailed material and purchase parameters for piping and fittings.
- Head responsibility for piping layout, stress analysis, piping procurement activities and hanger design.
- Head responsibility to prepare piping bulk quantity forecasts for proposals.
- Conduct piping design analysis and guide others to an application of nuclear codes and standards along with licensing requirements.
- Provide technical supervision and support training engineers as well as designers in Class 1, 2 and 3 piping evaluation and design.
- Develop and present technical as well as marketing presentations associated with power plant layout and piping design.
- Support development of designers and engineers especially in nuclear industry area requirements as well as practices.
- Plan, arrange, and schedule work activities for the piping team.
- Identify, evaluate, and resolve problems.
- Review vendor drawings for information related to commercial nuclear facilities design.
- Provide commissioning and construction support with irregular site visits.
- Perform effectively with vendors, clients, management and varied team members.
- Report administratively to piping design department manager.
- Supervise and administer responsibility of a large group of designers and engineers.
- Head responsibility to ensure effective utilisation of engineering staff and technical quality.
- Conduct calculations and evaluate the design of industrial facilities.